- This event has passed.
NRA Personal Protection in the Home
May 20 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm$200
This 8-hour course covers the skills and attitude needed for safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family. There are a couple of class lessons, a legal lesson, and a large amount of range time.
Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills; strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation; firearms and the law; how to choose a handgun for self-defense; analyze different shooting positions and locations, and continued opportunities for skill development.
The NRA curriculum hands on class covers everything necessary and includes range time and an NRA certificate. The NRA book “Guide to The Basics of Personal Protection In The Home” is included.
- Law abiding citizens (can pass background check)
- Mastery of safe gun handling skills
- Ability to shoot White level grouping 5 shots in 6” group at 5 yards
- NRA Basic pistol or comparable certificate. (Military acceptable)
- Pre-course assessment can be done if needed.
Please bring with you:
- Your defensive pistol and 150 rounds of ammunition
- Holster that you can draw from
- Knee pads if desired for shooting while kneeling
- Lunch if desired (café on-site)
- Note – ammo, eye and ear protection are available if needed
$200.00 per person
Please see the front desk to reserve a seat.